The Pulaski County Special School District School Counseling Department provides leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program in 25 elementary and secondary schools. Thirty-two counselors serve students in grades K -12 in the areas of academic, social/emotional, and college/career readiness. The school counseling program focuses on providing services and activities that target positive student outcomes. These activities range from
- preventive classroom guidance activities
- individual and group counseling
- referrals to community agencies
- consultation with teachers, parents, administrators, and community leaders
- crisis intervention
- assessment interpretation
The mission of the PCSSD counselors is to provide a proactive, data-driven program that serves the needs of all stakeholders. PCSSD counselors believe:
- All students should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program in a safe and inclusive environment.
- All students can learn and be successful.
- All students have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing technological society